.: on the frontiers of venturing and venture investing :.

Friday, April 13, 2007

On the train

Have been meaning to post this for a while now.

A couple of weeks ago I was on a train that 'had an altercation' with a person who apparently had decided to part with the world. When the announcement came across the PA that there was a fatality and that we would be delayed at least 2 hours, there was a large outcry from many of the passengers in my car that went something like this: "Oh man... now I'm going to be late. What an inconvenience. This sucks."

Wow. What an example of our society.

My love to the friends and family of the 'fatality', to the train engineers, to the little 4 year old girl 4 seats back from me that heard the server on our car declare that "it hit just past the engine... and at first I thought it was a big branch."

Peace to everyone.